You are here: Home Cardiac Rehabilitation – Bronze Programme
Cardiac Rehabilitation – Bronze Programme
All our programmes have been put together using aspects of the British Assocation of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) guidelines and the experience of our team.
- Baseline observations – Blood pressure (BP), Height and weight (BMI), Electrocardiogram (ECG), total Cholestrol test, blood sugar, temperature, Oxygen saturations
- Understanding diagnosis and treatment
- HADS score (depression indicator)
- Medication review
- Identifying risk factors
- Exercise assessment
- Exercise tolerance: Shuttle walk test / step test / 6 minute walk test
- Goal setting
- Introduction to home exercise and lifestyle programme
- 30 minute one-to-one exercise session
- Repeat baseline observations
- Exercise tolerance test
- Review goals set
- Maintenance: plan for the future
- Occupational Therapist
- Stress and relaxation therapist
Initial Assessment (IA) with cardiac nurse specialist
Period for positive change – designated period of time for self led exercise programme and lifestyle changes (duration of programme to be decided in IA)
According to patient’s needs Heartsure has access to a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians.
Comprehensive written report for Patient, General Practitioner (GP), Cardiologist and/or Surgeon.