You are here: Home Prevention Bronze Programme
Prevention Bronze Programme
All our programmes have been put together using aspects of the British Assocation of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) guidelines and the experience of our team.
- Baseline observations – Blood pressure (BP), Height and weight (BMI), Electrocardiogram (ECG), total Cholestrol test, blood sugar, temperature, Oxygen saturations
- Risk factors identified, understanding of why risk factors matter.
- Exercise assessment
- Exercise tolerance: Shuttle walk test / step test / 6 minute walk test
- Goal setting
- Introduction to home exercise and lifestyle programme
- 30 minute one-to-one exercise session
- Repeat baseline observations
- Exercise tolerance test
- Review goals set
- Maintenance: plan for the future
- Occupational Therapist
- Stress and relaxation therapist
Initial Assessment (IA) with cardiac nurse specialist
Period for positive change – designated period of time for self led exercise programme and lifestyle changes (duration of programme to be decided in IA)
According to patient’s needs Heartsure has access to a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians.
Comprehensive written report for Patient, General Practitioner (GP), Cardiologist and/or Surgeon.